How Should a Story Be Proposed?
If you have already completed the adventure you want to tell us about, please email email@example.com with:
- A one-paragraph proposal outlining the story
- The proposed first paragraph of your story or in its entirety if already complete
- Brief details of how you undertook your journey or adventure. (technical details to help inspire people)
- You should have good photography and be willing to include 3-5 images to give a flavour of your experience.
- Submissions must be in English and unpublished elsewhere
What Does PTBO Explores Look For in Writing Style?
There are no limitations on style, as long as the writing is engaging, although a sense of adventure and exploration should be at the heart of every submission. Remember, adventure is in the eyes of the beholder - perhaps it is a Sunday hike, an epic 2 week adventure abroad, or doing something new and different for the first time. For us, it is all about telling a great story and inspiring others through your experiences. Above all, we want our stories to inspire!
As a guide, we tend to like articles of about 500-1500 words, but we are always happy to look at longer and shorter pieces too. The stories should focus on the personal experience of adventure or a unique outdoor experience. The journey is the most important part. We know some trips or experiences are so epic that cramming it all into 2,000 words may seem impossible. Instead, concentrate on a smaller aspect of your journey and focus on the details that made it so memorable.
Stories may be edited for spelling, grammar and length.